Can I add more fields to my accounts and transactions?
Yes, Goldenseal accounting
software lets you
add more data fields to any account or transaction.
Adding Custom Fields
To add a custom field, follow these steps:
- Choose Custom
Layouts from the Options menu, and choose Accounts or Transactions from the submenu.
- Click in the popup field at upper left and choose the type of record where you'd like to add the field.
Choose New Custom Field from the Edit menu.
- Enter a name for the field, and choose the type of info you'd like to store in it.
- Click OK.
- Goldenseal will add the new field to the layout. You can drag it anywhere on the page.
HINT-- Once you add a custom field, you can't delete it. Before you add a custom field, check
to see if the record already has an optional
field that isn't
Types of Custom Fields
The following types of data are available for a new custom field:
- Text-- Any text can be entered.
- Integer-- Only whole numbers can be entered.
- Money-- Values will be stored as a money value.
- Number-- Any number can be stored (to four decimals).
- Percent-- Values will be stored as a percent value.
- Checkbox-- A checkbox will be shown, and a true or false value will be stored.
- Date-- Only dates can be entered.
- Time-- Only times can be entered.
- Account Clairvoyant-- You'll see a clairvoyant field where you can enter an account (set in the Display
- List Clairvoyant-- You'll see a clairvoyant field where you can enter a list item (set in the Display
- Picture-- You can paste in graphics (available in Goldenseal 2.6 and newer)
How to Use Custom Field Data
Data in custom fields is just like data in regular fields.
You can use custom fields for the Find and Sort commands,
or you can include custom data in reports and printed
will also export and import custom field data, and you can
use custom field values in calculators.
Goldenseal lets you add up to 999 custom fields.
You can add them in Rental Units, and in any account or transaction class.
Once you add a custom field, you can't remove it or change its type.
Click here to return to customizing topics for Goldenseal accounting software.
| Previous | Next | Getting Started Manual | Reference
Manual | Site Map | Website