Use Benefit Packages to assign benefits to each employee.
HINT-- Benefit Items are a useful part of the Goldenseal payroll software.
BENEFIT PACKAGE BASICS
Entering Benefit Packages | Data Fields
Payroll Basics | Payroll Setup | Using Lists | Using
WEBSITE INFO LINKS
Payroll Software | Payroll
Benefit Items | Employee Accounts | Payroll
Records | Tax
Items | Tax Packages
Vacation Items | Vacation Packages | Wage Schedules | Writing
Entering Benefit Packages
To enter a Benefit Package, follow these steps:
- Choose Payroll Setup from the Costs menu, then choose Benefit
Packages from the submenu.
- Click the New button, or click on an existing item and click the Edit button.
- Fill in details about the package.
The Benefit Package shows a list of Benefit
Items. Click on the checkmark for each item that you want to
include in this package.
HINT-- Click the Edit Benefit Items button to enter new Benefit items, or change the ones you already have.
Enter the following information for each Benefit Package:
Name-- Type in a brief name for this benefit package. This is the text that will appear in clairvoyant fields.
Description-- Type in any comments you'd like to make about this item.
Benefit Table-- Pick each benefit item that is included in this benefit package. Click on the checkmark to add or remove an item from the package.
Using Benefit Packages
To assign benefits to an employee, follow these steps:
If an employee receives different benefits for different types of work,
follow these steps:
- Choose Employees from the Accounts menu.
- Find the Employee Account.
- Enter a benefit package into the Benefit Package field.
- Create a Wage Schedule for each type of work.
- In each wage schedule, turn off the Use Employee Benefit Package checkbox, and enter the benefits that apply to that type of work.
- When you enter Labor Hours, assign the appropriate wage schedule to that work. Goldenseal will also apply the listed benefits
to the wages.
Main Page | Accounts |
Lists | Transactions | Menus |
Index | Website | User Page