Use Messages for 'stock' text that you can print on invoices, sales receipts,
and other documents that you give to clients.
HINT-- You can use messages for just about anything that you want to show on printed forms from the Goldenseal
When to Use Messages | Entering Messages | Data Fields | Using
Lists | Using Messages
Website Info Links
Accounting Software | Customer
Management Software | Customer
Relations | Point of Sale Software
Customer Payment Terms | Estimates | Printed
Forms | Project Payment Terms | Sales
When to Use Messages
Use messages for simple promotional messages such as Thanks for your
business, or seasonal messages such as Check out the big sale on
inner tubes next week that you want to include on Printed
You can also use Messages for overdue notices, legal disclaimers, or any other stock message that you'd like to include on a printed form.
HINT-- Use the Comments field for comments that you do not want
printed on forms. Use Customer
Payment Terms or Project Payment Terms to
print terms such as 'Net 30'.
enter a Message, follow these steps:
- Choose Other Lists from the Options menu, then choose Messages from the submenu.
- Click the New button, or click on an existing item and click the Edit button.
- Enter details for the message.
Enter the following information for each Message:
Name-- Type in a brief name for the message. This is the text that will appear in clairvoyant fields.
Text-- Type in the text to appear on the printed form.
Comments-- Enter any comments you have about this message.
add a message to a printed form, follow these steps:
- Choose Custom Layouts from the Options menu, and choose Printed Forms from the submenu.
- Switch to the report layout where you'd like to use the field.
- Click on the Field Tool from the palette on the left side of the window.
- Click on the report and drag the mouse through the area where you'd like the message to appear.
- You'll see a list of fields. Choose Message Text from the list.
- Turn off the Create Label checkbox.
- Click OK.
NOTE-- If Message Text is not available, you can't
add a message to this type of transaction.
Main Page | Accounts |
Lists | Transactions | Menus |
Index | Website | User Page