Mystery error message.
Error messages in Goldenseal business
management software usually take one of two forms:
- Oops message.
- Oops message, with a file name and line number at the
NOTE-- If an error message starts with
"Sorry..." then it's an expected problem within
the data (e.g. a field is blank when it shouldn't
be). We reserve "Oops"
messages for unexpected problems, which may be caused
by corrupted data, a bug, or other unusual conditions.
Here's a general troubleshooting checklist to try:
- Quit/Exit from Goldenseal, and try again.
- If that doesn't help, restart the computer, and try again.
- Which version of
Goldenseal are you using? It may help to install (or re-install)
the current version.
- If that doesn't help, contact our
support staff (see below).
If contacting us about a mystery error message, please let
us know the following info:
- What does the message say? Include file name and line number, if available.
- What were you doing just before the error message?
- What window is currently open, at the time of the message?
- Does it occur all the time? Just sometimes?
- Which version of Windows or
Macintosh are you using?
- Which version of Goldenseal are you using?
Mystery error messages might be caused
by any of the following conditions, in descending order of
- Out of memory, or corrupted data in RAM (will be fixed by a restart).
- Bad data in your company file.
- A bug in Goldenseal's code.
- Corrupted data in the Goldenseal application (fix-- reinstall Goldenseal).
- Some other mystery condition.
Entered 1/26/06 by Dennis. Updated 10/24/2010.