How can I adjust unit costs in an estimate or sale
Starting with version 2.6, Goldenseal accounting
software lets you use variable pricing for unit costs in sales and
If you want to be able to change unit prices in an estimate or sales transaction, follow these
- Choose Cost
Items or Assemblies from the Costs menu.
- Locate the item for which you'd like to use variable pricing.
- Turn on the Allow Variable Pricing checkbox (you may need to scroll down to see
- Click the Enter key to save changes.
To use a variable unit cost in an estimate or sales transaction, follow these steps:
- Choose Estimates or Sales from the Income menu.
- Click the New button.
- Enter Items into the breakdown popup field on the left side of the window.
- Enter details for the estimate or sale.
- Click in the breakdown table, and enter a Cost Item or Assembly that uses variable pricing.
- Click in the Unit Cost column and enter a new price. HINT-- if you can't type in
a price, the item does not use variable pricing.
Use the Variable Pricing option for items that don't always have the same price when you sell them
or include them in estimates.
Click here to return to sales
| Previous | Next | Getting Started Manual | Reference
Manual | Site Map | Website