When using the Write Payroll command, it gives an error
message after you hit the Write Payroll button and choose
a payment method.
This is a new bug that was introduced in the version
4.3 update for the Goldenseal payroll software.
User bug reports.
In version 4.3, you can do the following:
- Use the Write Payroll command as usual.
- When it asks you to choose
a payment method, leave the account clairvoyant
- Goldenseal will create Payroll Records, but it won't create
- Choose Checking Transactions from the Bank menu, and choose
the bank account you'll use for paychecks.
- Click the New button.
- Enter Employee into the Pay To popup field.
- Enter an employee into the Account clairvoyant field.
- Enter Payroll in the Breakdown popup field. Goldenseal
will fill in a list of unpaid Payroll Records.
- Repeat steps 5 to 8 for each employee.
This problem is fixed in the version 4.32 update for
Goldenseal payroll software.