Starting with Goldenseal 4.01, you can add an optional
Amount Overpaid field to reports or layouts. This can
be useful for tracking down "on account" amounts that
result from an overpayment.
How to Use
To add the Amount Overpaid field to Material Purchases,
Sales or other data entry screens, follow these steps:
- Choose Custom Layouts from the Options menu, and choose Transactions
from the submenu.
- Select the layout where you'd like to add the field.
- Click on the Field tool (3rd row left in the tool palette
on the left side of the window).
- Click in the layout, and drag a rectangle where you'd like
to add the field.
- You'll see a field selection dialog. Choose Amount Overpaid,
then click OK.
- Close the layout and save changes.
To use the Find command to locate records with an overpaid amount, follow
- Open the transaction window.
- Choose Find from the Edit menu.
- Click in the Amount Overpaid field, and type >0
- Click the Find button.
- Goldenseal will locate all records that were overpaid.