Can I have employees enter their own hours?
Starting in Goldenseal construction
software version 2.6,
you can assign limited passwords that will allow employees
to enter their own hours, without seeing any other
parts of your Goldenseal records (including hours for
To set up an employee so they can enter their own hours, follow these steps:
- Choose Passwords from the Options menu.
- Click the New button.
- Enter a brief name for the password, and the password text that gains admission.
- In Goldenseal 4.2 and earlier, turn
on the Employee Hours Only checkbox. In
Goldenseal 4.3 and later, enter Self Only into the
Time Tracking popup field, and turn on the No Other
- Enter the name of the employee who will use this password.
- Click OK.
- Give the password text to the employee, so they can sign on with it.
When the employee needs to enter their own hours, they should follow these steps:
- The employee should open your Company file, or sign on as a client in the multi-user version.
- When they are asked for a password, they'll enter their password as usual.
- They can choose Labor
Hours from the Costs menu, and click the New button to enter their hours.
- When they are finished they can Quit or Exit from Goldenseal, or sign off so another employee can sign
HINT-- Starting in Goldenseal 4.3, employees can also use the Time
Tracking command to enter hours.
Click here to return to payroll topics.
Click here for general information about Goldenseal payroll
| Previous | Next | Payroll Info | Getting
Started Manual | Reference
Manual | Site Map | Website