replaced MacNail construction software with Goldenseal,
in 2000. The MacNail manuals are still online, as a courtesy
to folks who still use
it. Goldenseal is a complete software package for Macintosh
and Windows, which includes construction
spec writing, accounting, construction
estimating, and project
It creates construction subcontracts that are similar to the ones made by MacNail
A subcontract is similar to a contract, but it only includes
work done by one or more subtrades. Use it if you are a general contractor, and want to write contracts
for subcontractors who are doing part of the work.
To make a subcontract from the MacNail construction management software, follow these steps:
1. Choose New Subcontract from the File menu.
2. Mark off each subcontract category you'd like to include, then click OK.
3. To include one or more header files in the subcontract, turn on the Include Headers option, and
click on each header file to be included.
HINT: Hold down the Command ( ) key to select multiple files.
4. To include one or more footer files, turn on the Include Footers option, and click on each footer
file to be included.
5. Select the type of output file you'd like to receive-- either a word processor (text) document
or a spreadsheet document.
6. To include stock clauses, turn on the Include Stock Clauses option.
NOTE: To control which stock clauses are included in the list, choose Stock Clauses from the Options menu
(see page 105).
7. To include project specifications, turn on the Include Specifications option, and choose the type of source
file you'd like to use.
8. When everything is set up as you'd like, click OK.
9. If you turned on the Include Specifications option, you'll be asked to choose a source file.
10. The subcontract will be created automatically.