Use Summation Calculations for report values which are the sum of two or
more other calculations.
HINT-- The Goldenseal accounting software already include several Summation calculations that it uses in the
Balance Sheet and Income Statement financial reports.
SUMMATION CALCULATION BASICS
Entering Summation Calculations | Data Fields
Using Lists | Using Summation Calculations
Website Info Links
Accounting Software | Bookkeeping
Software | Job Costing Software
Calculations | Custom Calculations | Reports
Entering Summation Calculations
To enter a Calculator, follow these steps:
- Choose Calculations from the Options menu, then choose Summation
Calculations from the submenu.
- Click the New button, or click on an existing item and click the Edit button.
- Fill in details about the calculation.
Enter the following information for each Summation Calculation:
Name-- Type in a brief name for the calculation. This is the text that will appear in clairvoyant fields.
HINT-- It's a good idea to have a name that describes exactly what the calculated value includes, so you'll know what to
expect when making forms or reports.
Description-- Type in any comments you'd like to make about this item.
Calculation Table-- Enter the calculation items you'd like to add into the table. You can enter as many items as you'd like. For each item, enter
the calculation class, then the specific calculation item.
HINT-- To add a new calculation, click on the bottom row and hit the Return key.
Current Value-- Goldenseal displays the current value of the calculation.
Layout Tag-- Goldenseal shows you the letter-and-number ID tag that marks this item in report layouts.
To include values in the calculation, follow these steps:
- Click in the first row of the table.
- Click in the Class column, and choose the type of calculation you'd like to add.
- Click in the Calculation column, and choose a specific calculation.
- To add a new row to the table, hit the Return key (Mac) or the Enter key (Windows).
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 for each item that you'd like to add to this summation.
- When you are finished, click OK.
After you create a Summation Calculation, follow these steps to use it:
- Choose Custom Layouts from the Options menu, and choose Printed Forms or Reports from
- Switch to the report where you'd like to use the calculation.
- Click on the Calculator Tool-- the calculator icon in the palette on the left side of the
- Click on the report and drag the mouse through the area where you'd like the calculation to appear.
- You'll see a list of calculations. Enter Summations into the popup menu at the top, and choose the new calculation from the list.
- Click OK.
Main Page | Accounts |
Lists | Transactions | Menus |
Index | Website | User Page