Use Working Hours to set up the days and hours when you will work on a Project.
NOTE-- Working Hours are used in the Goldenseal scheduling software and project management software.
WORKING HOURS BASICS
Entering Working Hours | Data Fields | Schedule Delay Factor | Using
Lists | Using Working Hours
WEBSITE INFO LINKS
Project Management Software | Scheduling Software
Estimates | Work Crews
Entering Working Hours
To enter Working Hours, follow these steps:
- Choose Cost Setup from the Costs menu, then choose Working Hours from the submenu.
- Click the New button, or click on an existing item and click the Edit button.
- Enter details for the set of working hours.
Enter the following information for each set of Working Hours:
Name-- Enter a brief name for the set of working hours.
Description-- Enter any comments you have about this set of working hours.
Workday Hours-- Goldenseal shows you the total number of weekly working hours for this schedule.
Scheduling Delay-- Enter a percentage delay for schedules. Goldenseal will add this amount
to the time for each item in a schedule.
Vacation Package-- Enter a vacation package. Goldenseal will skip all holidays in the
package when it calculates schedules.
Daily Hours-- Enter the working hours for each day of the week. You can enter two blocks
of working time, with a meal break between.
Scheduling Delay Factor
You can enter a simple percentage in each Working Hours record, to add
time to schedules to account for normal delays.
If you are not sure what delay factor to use, follow these steps:
- Create a new Estimate record.
- Enter Items into the breakdown popup.
- Enter details for a project that you have already done.
- Enter the Working Hours that you used on the project.
- Click the Update Schedule button.
- Check the computed completion date against your actual experience.
- Change the scheduling delay in the Working Hours record and try again, until the completion date is correct.
Using Working Hours
Assign working hours to an Estimate.
When you click the Update Schedule button, the Goldenseal software
will calculate the starting date and time for each item, based on the actual working hours.
The project scheduling will skip non-working days and holidays.
Main Page | Accounts |
Lists | Transactions | Menus |
Index | Website | User Page