This section explains how to use templates in Goldenseal. Use Templates so
you can easily enter transactions that are similar to a prior transaction.
When to Use Templates | Creating a Template | Viewing
Using a Template | Changing Templates
Accounting Software | Business
Management Software | Project
Duplicating Records | New Records |
When to Use Templates
Use Templates to save time when you create new records. With a template, you get a copy of a prior
record that is similar to the one you need now.
HINT-- You could also use the Find command to locate a past record,
and then make a duplicate. But
a template is quicker.
You can use templates for any type of transaction that you need on an irregular basis.
HINT-- You can use templates even if the transactions are not exactly the same each time-- it still is quicker to start
with something that is close to what you need.
Creating a Template
To create a template, follow these steps:
- Find a transaction that you'd like to copy.
- Choose Template This Item from the Options menu.
- Enter details for the template.
HINT-- If you don't already have a transaction that is exactly right, create a new transaction, fill in details, and give
it Void status so it won't be used. When you make copies of the template,
change the status to Entered (or whatever active status applies to the
Enter the following data for each Template:
Name-- Type in a brief name for this template. This is the text that will appear in clairvoyant fields.
Comments-- Type in any comments you'd like to make about this item.
Transaction Type-- Goldenseal displays the type of transaction that will be copied.
Transaction-- Goldenseal displays the name and ID number of the transaction that will be copied.
Include Amounts-- Turn on the checkbox to duplicate the amount field from the original transaction.
Include Breakdowns-- Turn on the checkbox to duplicate any breakdown items from the original transaction.
Include Job Cost Info-- Turn on the checkbox to duplicate job and category information from the original transaction.
To view and change the list of templates, follow these steps:
- Choose Templates from the Options menu.
- You'll see a list of templates.
- To change or rename a template, select it from the list, then click the Edit button. To remove a template, select it, then click the Delete
Using a Template
To make a copy of template when you are starting a new transaction,
follow these steps:
- Open the transaction window for the type of transaction you'd like to create.
- Click on the template button (to the right of the New button). You'll see a popup menu of all available templates.
- Choose the desired template from the menu.
- A copy of the template will be created automatically.
- Fill in any additional information.
To change the original for a template, follow these steps:
- Use the Find command to locate the original transaction.
- Make any changes that you'd like to see in future copies of this item.
- Choose Save Record from the Edit menu.
HINT-- When you change the original for a
template, the change affects all future transactions that you make from
it. The changes do not affect any transactions that you made
from the template in the past.
Main Page | Accounts |
Lists | Transactions | Menus |
Index | Website | User Page