I convert from Goldenseal 2.1 to later versions?
software version 2.2 uses a completely
new file format. It is not able to open files created
with earlier versions of Goldenseal.
save your version 2.1 company file info, follow
- Open your company file with
the version of Goldenseal you used
to create it.
Export from the File menu, and choose
Entire Company File from the submenu.
- Choose a file name and location
the export file. Click Save.
- If you created custom layouts in 2.1 and want to save them, choose
Export from the File menu, choose Other Items from
the submenu, and choose Screen Layouts from the second
- Choose a file name and location for the export file. Click Save.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for Print Form Layouts, Report Layouts and/or
- Quit from Goldenseal.
To import the data into a new company file in the current Goldenseal
version, follow these steps:
- Double-click on the program icon for your new
version of Goldenseal.
- When you
are asked to open a file, click the New
button to create a new Company file.
- Choose Import
from the File menu, and choose Company
File from the submenu.
- Locate the file you created in step
3 from the export instructions. Import it.
- If you also exported custom layouts, choose Import from the File
menu, choose Other Items from the submenu, and choose
whichever types of layouts you exported earlier.
- To avoid confusion, remove the earlier versions
Click here to return to business file topics.
Click here to see solutions for other errors
in early versions of Goldenseal small business software.
| Previous | Next | Getting Started Manual | Reference
Manual | Site Map | Website