Job Cost Accounting
More info for Remodelers
Goldenseal is takeoff software that gives fast, accurate cost estimates and material
takeoffs for construction contractors and subcontractors.
When you have a set of plans and want to get a complete set of materials for the project, follow
- Choose Estimates from the Income menu.
- Click the template button (to the right of the New button) and choose a project template.
- Choose Estimate Dimensions from the Options menu, and choose Basic Dimensions from the submenu.
- Enter measurements from the plans. Note that Goldenseal calculates most quantities for you. If you want to
change a calculation, click on the padlock to unlock it and type in a number.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each dimension.
- Choose Estimate Dimensions from the Options menu, and choose Specifications from the submenu.
- Click the Update Quantities button to enter all the calculated measurements for this
project. You'll see a price estimate for the project. You can always change any of the quantities or
enter new items into the estimate.
- Choose Estimates from the Reports menu, and choose Bill of Materials from the submenu.
- Enter the estimate you just created, and hit the Update button.
Goldenseal also includes integrated job costing, schedules,
contract writing and project management.
The basic version includes all of the following for $395 (single user):
The complete version of Goldenseal costs $695 single-user, $995 for two users, $1295 for five users, and $1795 for
up to 10 users. It includes all of the items mentioned above, plus these accounting features:
Goldenseal takeoff software is available for Macintosh and Windows computers.
Home | Goldenseal | Contact
Us | Downloads | Orders | Resellers | Users | Site